What is Halotherapy?
Halotherapy is a centuries-old practice that was discovered when in the 1800s, Polish doctor, Feliks Boczkowski, realized that the salt miners were emerging from the salt mines with pristine lungs and excellent health conditions, while others at that time, suffered with severe respiratory issues and other ailments.
How does it work?
Throughout the centuries, many more discoveries of the benefits of Halotherapy have occurred. In more recent years, we’ve discovered how to turn Halotherapy into a revolutionary fusion of nature and modern technology, to recreate the environmental atmosphere of salt mines or salt caves. By dispersing microscopic pharmaceutical-grade salt particles into the air of the salt treatment rooms, the salt is inhaled during the Halotherapy sessions to treat symptoms and ailments. Once it’s in the respiratory system, it absorbs allergens, toxins and foreign substances from your lungs and throughout the respiratory tract. It also reduces inflammation and opens the airways, making it easier to breathe.
*We use pharmaceutical-grade salt (99.9 % pure sodium chloride) in our generators.
Halotherapy has been known to show results in:
- Increasing energy, stamina and mental alertness
- Relieving stress, anxiety, tension and depression
- Providing protection against a variety of microbes, i.e. bacteria, viruses, and yeast
- Reducing congestion in head, sinuses, lungs and bronchial passages
- Thinning mucous secretions and aiding in mucolytic activity
- Reducing inflammation of airways
- Soothing, toning, and moisturizing skin
- Purging allergens and pollutants from the lungs
- Boosting immunity
- Aiding in better sleep patterns
- Naturally improve conditions for better athletic performance
Indications Halotherapy may be the right treatment for you:
- Psoriasis, acne, eczema, dermatitis, or other skin conditions
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Depression and anxiety
- Hay fever
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Ear infection
- Sore throat
- Chronic stress and fatigue