- Arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in
- Contribute to a relaxing environment by keeping noise level to a minimum
Halotherapy is a centuries-old practice that was discovered when in the 1800s, Polish doctor, Feliks Boczkowski, realized that the salt miners were emerging from the salt mines with pristine lungs and excellent health conditions, while others at that time, suffered with severe respiratory issues, skin conditions, and other ailments.
Throughout the centuries, many more discoveries of the benefits of Halotherapy have occurred. In more recent years, we’ve discovered how to turn Halotherapy into a revolutionary fusion of nature and modern technology, to recreate the environmental atmosphere of salt mines or salt caves. By dispersing microscopic pharmaceutical-grade salt particles into the air of the salt treatment rooms, the salt is inhaled during the Halotherapy sessions to treat symptoms and ailments. Once it’s in the respiratory system, it absorbs allergens, toxins and foreign substances from your lungs and throughout the respiratory tract. It also reduces inflammation and opens the airways, making it easier to breathe.
*We use pharmaceutical-grade salt (99.9 % pure sodium chloride) in our generators.
All Halotherapy sessions are 20-60 minutes in length, depending on your session choice, and begin promptly at your appointment start time.
Salt is anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and mucolytic (loosens phlegm and mucus). We use pharmaceutical-grade salt (99.9 % pure sodium chloride) in our generators.
You may notice improvements in conditions or symptoms after just one Halotherapy treatment. However, Halotherapy is known to be more beneficial by building the accumulation effects of treatments, especially for those with chronic conditions and illnesses. Regular treatments are also beneficial in an overall health regime.
- Increasing energy, stamina and mental alertness
- Relieving stress, anxiety, tension and depression
- Providing protection against a variety of microbes, i.e. bacteria, viruses, and yeast
- Reducing congestion in head, sinuses, lungs and bronchial passages
- Thinning mucous secretions and aiding in mucolytic activity
- Reducing inflammation of airways
- Soothing, toning, and moisturizing skin
- Purging allergens and pollutants from the lungs
- Boosting immunity
- Aiding in better sleep patterns
- Naturally improving health conditions for a better athletic performance
- Psoriasis, acne, eczema, dermatitis, or other skin conditions
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Depression and anxiety
- Hay fever
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Shortness of breath
- Ear infection
- Sore throat
- Chronic stress and fatigue
Halotherapy is a safe and natural treatment. However, if you are pregnant, or have any serious health condition, you should always consult with your medical professional before a Halotherapy Session. Halotherapy is not recommended for anyone with the following conditions:
- Cancer (please check with your doctor, because some do recommend Halotherapy to relieve stress and anxiety)
- COPD in stage 3 of lung insufficiency
- Contagious diseases
- Cardiac disease
- Acute respiratory disease
- Severe hypertension
- Infection accompanied with fever
- Coughing up blood
If you’re taking medication and have concerns, please consult with your doctor.
Most people don’t experience side effects. However, a scratchy/dry throat, or a tickling sensation in the sinus is normal. These side effects should subside after a couple of treatments. If you experience a slight cough, it could be a sign that the treatment is effective, and that the body is loosening the mucous build-up.
The best results are attained by regular treatments. Halotherapy benefits are accumulative, meaning that frequent, consistent treatments are essential. For best results, 3 consecutive (every day/every other day in the first week) treatments are recommended to start. Those with chronic issues will see the most benefit from 2-4 weekly treatments. At least one weekly treatment is recommended for those who desire to add it to your regular health and wellness regime. Halotherapy is safe to receive daily.
Please ask about a custom treatment plan specifically for you and your condition.
Results will vary, depending on many different factors, but beneficial results have been known to show up even after just one treatment. Although no medical claims are made, clients have noticed improvement with each Halotherapy Session they receive. Therefore, the more treatments, the better the results.
You should wear comfortable clothing and socks.
If you’re coming in to treat skin conditions, you may want to wear shorts and a tank top or sports bra (if in private session) so more skin may be exposed to treat the affected areas.
We recommend that you drink water to hydrate right after a salt cave session and throughout the rest of the day. And don’t forget to schedule your next session!